HUPBR WANTS TO ACHIEVE ITS GOALS
THROUGH THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
1. Development of public healthcare action by informing and educating all interested groups about safe and effective self-medication and prevention
HUPBR’s mission is to ensure and create a suitable, positive climate for development of the market for products for self-medication and prevention in which every citizen will be the focal point and who will be able to responsibly care for their own health. Through its actions, HUPBR will promote accessibility of good quality, safe and effective products for self-medication and prevention.
2. Active participation in preparing proposals for laws and regulations
The knowledge and experience of its members will be used by HUPBR as an advisory role and to cooperate in preparing and developing government guidelines and proposals for laws and regulations relating to self-medication and prevention. For the purpose of undertaking this goal, HUPBR will establish cooperation with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MZSS), Croatian Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices (HALMED), Croatian Health Insurance Fund (HZZO), Croatian Institute for Public Health (HZJZ) and the Croatian Food Agency (HAK).
3. Improving transparent and competitive market competition
HUPBR promotes dialogue and cooperation with its members and other interested groups in the area of self-medication and prevention. For the purpose of promoting transparent and competitive market competition, HUPBR will prepare its Code of Practice.
4. Protecting and promoting the rights and interests of the Association’s members with public bodies, the media and drug distributers
HUPBR will actively and regularly collect and prepare information from the area of healthcare, policies, public administration and businesses of interest for all members of the Association and based on such information prepare the necessary analysis, reports and indicators of general interest for developing the market for self-medication products.
5. Protecting and promoting the rights and interests of the Association’s members at the international level
HUPBR will cooperate with international organisations for the purpose of promoting and achieving goals of the Association through its membership in AESGP (Association of the European Self-Medication Industry).