HUPBR IS THE CROATIAN ASSOCIATION
OF THE SELF-MEDICATION INDUSTRY
HUPBR represents the interests of manufacturers, representatives and importers of registered over-the-counter products.
Over-the-counter products include:
- Drugs issued without a doctor’s prescription
- Medical products for self-medication
- Food supplements
- Items for general use in self-medication and prevention
- With our 24 members, HUPBR represents most (80%) of the Croatian self-medication market.
The HUPBR’s mission is to ensure and create a suitable, positive climate for development of the market for products for self-medication and prevention, where every citizen will become the focal point and be able to take care of their own health responsibly. HUPBR will act to promote accessibility of quality, safe and effective self-medication products and prevention.
HUPBR endeavours to represent the Association’s members and their common goals while taking into consideration public healthcare interests. Our goal is to create a suitable social and political climate for self-medication and prevention in which the patient and pharmacy industry become the focal point. Through its activities, HUPBR endeavours to highlight the importance of caring for one’s own health and promoting responsible self-medication and prevention as an important part of the public healthcare system.
- Development of public healthcare action by informing and educating all interested groups about safe and effective self-medication and prevention
- Active participation in preparing proposals for laws and regulations
- Advancing transparent and competitive market competition
- Protection and promotion of the rights and interests of members of the Association along before public bodies, the media and drug distributors;
- Protection and promotion of the rights and interests of members of the Association at an international level